Friday, August 19, 2011

this love will be your downfall

And this would be the other day. Looking back, I am wondering what my issue was. Something I blew out of proportion in my head I'm sure. Although I remain ye of little faith, today was simply.. divine. A good mix of adventure and comfort; my momma's epic confrontation, rollin' around in the pool, crashing a totally random event to pee and well, getting the adrenaline pumping up in here. Not that I am one to gush but I do find myself being very ungrateful of the things you do actually present. Leaving aside what can only be the coolest gift in the world (not exactly a 2.55 but.. still), it's completely unfair of me to believe that you bring nothing to the table. You are receptive to the things I say, I can tell. Because I am lame and immature, I communicate by dropping hints that you surprisingly, pick up. And maybe I really am greedy, because I can tell that you do put thought into what we should do and what not. Granted, you don't always pull through and still can't tell a consistent lie-.- Amazingly, I know you care from the way you nag and push me to face reality. And when you asked me to promise to always be honest with you, I was at a complete lost for words. It took me by surprise that it mattered to you whether I was happy and all around satisfied. Maybe I really just don't give you enough credit or maybe I'm really too cautious with my own emotions. Maybe it's time to trust you or more importantly, maybe it's time to trust myself.


who are we to tell ourselves that we're misunderstood?

No comments: