Tuesday, July 3, 2012

picking up the pieces she left behind

Except it's me. If we met in a completely normal situation, neither of us would be here by now I'm almost certain. Its the chase for someone elusive, someone you've built in your head, the impression of someone from the first time you fell in love. Someone who took it all and left almost as abruptly as they came. It's amazing the effects of one decision. While I lost a love and him, his dignity; you have also lost. You've been robbed of your heart. I once believed that out of everybody, you're the one that won. But now I see that there are no winners here. Someone great once told me that there's nothing more cruel than introducing someone to a whole new world and then taking it away. You're searching for something that isn't there, holding on to an idea that's long grown out of itself. Maybe I'm not that special after all. Maybe I've just always been an idea: the first, the one that broke your heart, the one that got away. Well.. that kind of sucks. I think putting yourself out there again really makes you realize how small you are and how brutal the gamItalice is. Suddenly, everybody seems just as ruined. And as cruel.


If we met tomorrow for the very first time
would we start all over?

No comments: