Friday, June 29, 2012

just a little boy

I would never have guessed that this is where we would be. A year ago I wanted to be young and free and live my fleeting youth not taking anything seriously. Right now, I've reached a point where I want to settle down with something real. That's all I want. I yearn not for the perfect other half but to simply be part of something that is greater than me. But you're an entire year behind me, both figuratively and literally. Well, figuratively you're approximately five years behind your actual age. Out of nowhere, you're chasing bright lights and social gratification that only someone as insecure as you would place so much importance in. We can't have everything. I don't doubt the way you feel about me, I question your ability be a fucking decent person. I don't care for your apologies and frankly, I don't care much for you right now. You can call and beg for forgiveness but I've been around long enough to know that its as sincere as my love for you. Perhaps the only hinderance is how well-matched we are in every other way and how perfect I am for you. The question is: what are you for me? Maybe it really is time to call it quits. I have half the mind to say call me in a year or so and we can pick it up from there because apparently that's how much fucking difference a year makes.

No comments: