Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'll wake up in an empty bed,
Drowning in your shirt and scent.
In the kitchen; Bacon and Eggs.
And you'll kiss me and tell me
That even this early in the morning,
I'm pretty.

Over lunch at our favorite cafe,
(The one where we make our own salad)
You'll watch me sip quietly on coffee
from behind your papers, and say that
With the flower in my hair,
I'm pretty.

In the evening light,
We'll make love, like we always do.
And in between your tender touch
and long, strong strokes,
You'll push back my hair,
kiss me on the forehead and tell me
I'm pretty.

And at 4 in the morning,
I'll have a secret cigarette by our window.
Crawl back to bed when I'm done,
Kiss you gently on the cheek
And watch you sleep.

And then I'll whisper sadly in your ear
That you are the best part of me,
And that maybe, one day,
I'll actually believe you
When you tell me I'm pretty.

No comments: