Monday, September 24, 2012

it's not over tonight

Oh Adam, no one is as perfect as you. Everybody judges me when I tell them I literally burst into tears when the first lines of Won't Go Home Without You came on.. it's just something I would probably never get over. A long, eventful day that made me really wonder what living overseas would be like, especially somewhere as random as Birmingham. Here I'm used to doing a million things at once, there I would have to get used to... snow. Some parts of the day got me wondering what it would be like if things were still the way they were. Well it is Maroon 5 after all, it's almost like a mandatory nostalgia. I remember it like it was just yesterday.. quietly holding hands around friends, exchanging knowing looks cos sometimes words don't matter and ending a long day with each other. I guess the memory doesn't seem so distant partly because the last time really wasn't that long ago. Something about it feels both fresh yet familiar to me now. #nostalgia. At the moment, I'm content with what we have. It's come to a place where I don't have to prove to anybody the way I feel and what it is. So that's good.. although it did literally take years and a couple backslides to get here. And as it is it's already the least psychotic one.. I can't even imagine the shit I'd have to put up with for the next few to follow. I've grown tired of this game, this nagging insecurity that comes attached to the thought of you, this constant yearning for more. The fucked up part is I'm probably as obsessed with you as you are with me, which is really only when its convenient, easy, boring or when I remember you exist. I'm not interested in playing games; I just want everything. But then I remember that I'd rather have a stroke and die than get back together with you. Well.


baby, give me one more night

No comments: