Friday, July 18, 2014

jai guru deva om

I literally just spent the last like two hours trying to fix fake nails on, which explains that last photo. I must be like, the worst girl ever. I truly admire how these Japanese girls do it with their amazing hair and skin and make up and nails. It's damn inspiring. I wish I could cut my hair, I think I could do much more if I could shape my damn fringe. So far, I really feel like my make up has improved drastically. Plus, I actually dress like a girl now so there's that. Typing with this is so difficult. It's currently exams week in Sophia.. not that I give a fuck about school here. Or school anywhere. In spite of how I first felt when I first got dropped from Jappo class, I'm really grateful for the decision because 1) fuck morning classes 2) fuck going to school everyday 3) I never would've taken philosophy if not, and I really enjoyed that class, even if I never want to hear the phrase "What Descartes is doing with his meditations is..." again. School here is honestly amazing though. I've met so many interesting people from all over the world. I couldn't have even dreamed of how amazing coming to school in Sophia would be. Although last year's sheltered experience in Birmingham will always be close to my heart, coming to Tokyo and opening up to the world and to these new places and experience has been nothing short of amazing. Everybody's leaving for home next week and although I'm sad to see them go, knowing I'll actually probably never see them again, I'm also excited to see my family and do some travelling. Travelling in Japan is disgustingly expensive though, so I don't think I'm going to be able to see everything that I wanted to. The great thing is, if things continue looking up for us, Japan is always an option for future holidays. It's 4am now and the sun is already up. I don't know why I'm being this reflective and nostalgic when I wouldn't be leaving for a little over a month (D:). I guess I could  never stop being extremely fucking grateful for everything that I have.


Two of us riding nowhere,

Spending someone's hard earned pay

No comments: